Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pokémutilation

I'm a fan of parodies.

One of the many breeds of parody that I've been lolling at for a while now is fan-dubbing, two examples of which are Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series, and Alternate Reality Dragonball Z. It was only a matter of time before I started thinking to myself:

"Me too."

BUT FIRST... a backstory.

When I was 15, one of my friends threw a 2 night party. It involved several TVs, limited floorspace, a table covered in computers, and various Xboxes doing the horizontal mosh-pit with one another.

On the first night, as our supplies of energy were depleting like the functionality of the kidneys of a 134 year old, we started to think "Movie, then bed."

"Which movie though?" we thought. Through some bizarre voting (which I suspect was rigged somehow), it was decided that the movie we'd pass out while pretending to watch would be Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back.

To this day I still don't understand why they wanted to watch that movie. Maybe it was for nostalgia, or the "act half your age" mentality that all of us had back then, but for whatever reason the movie was downloaded and began playing on the very small screen, much to my confusion.

Now being the uncaring asshole that I am, I gave a running commentary throughout the movie, changing it from a kid-friendly romp through Japanese mind control techniques to a profane, overtly sexual abomination that completely destroyed the overall effect of the film.

Billions years have passed, and I've decided to actually dub the fucking movie as opposed to simply ruin it for the people I'm sitting with. That way, people will be able to pick:

"Do we want the real movie or do we want... that version?"



And to prove that I'm not just doing my usual "You know what would be cool? If I did this." thing and abandoning it days later, I made a teaser trailer as it were.

It'll only make sense to fans of the Legend of Zelda series, or people who've played enough of Ocarina of Time. But for those of you who don't understand it... Go and play it.

NOW.

That game is a masterpiece of yes and win.







- Squirrel245



"That's my bread and butter you're fucking with."


- Charles Ofdensen

2 comments:

  1. XD...

    That was awesome :O

    I would so buy that movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. XDD LOL. You liek Weird Al? He's the kind of parodies. XDD
    "..Yeah
    A used ... pink bathrobe
    A rare ... mint snowglobe
    A Smurf ... TV tray
    I bought on eBay

    My house ... is filled with this crap
    Shows up in bubble wrap
    Most every day
    What I bought on eBay

    Tell me why (I need another pet rock)
    Tell me why (I got that Alf alarm clock)
    Tell me why (I bid on Shatner's old toupee)
    They had it on eBay

    I'll buy ... your knick-knack
    Just check ... my feedback
    "A++!" they all say
    They love me on eBay

    Gonna buy (a slightly-damaged golf bag)
    Gonna buy (some Beanie Babies, new with tag)
    (From some guy) I've never met in Norway
    Found him on eBay

    I am the type who is liable to snipe you
    With two seconds left to go, whoa
    Got Paypal or Visa, what ever'll please ya
    As long as I've got the dough

    I'll buy ... your tchotchkes
    Sell me ... your watch, please
    I'll buy (I'll buy, I'll buy, I'll buy ...)
    I'm highest bidder now

    (Junk keeps arriving in the mail)
    (From that worldwide garage sale) (Dukes Of Hazard ashtray)
    (Hey! A Dukes Of Hazard ashtray)
    Oh yeah ... (I bought it on eBay)

    Wanna buy (a PacMan Fever lunchbox)
    Wanna buy (a case of vintage tube socks)
    Wanna buy (a Kleenex used by Dr. Dre, Dr. Dre)
    (Found it on eBay)

    Wanna buy (that Farrah Fawcet poster)
    (Pez dispensers and a toaster)
    (Don't know why ... the kind of stuff you'd throw away)
    (I'll buy on eBay)

    What I bought on eBay-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y"
    XD Meh favorite song by him

    ReplyDelete

Click on the big box below and then attack your keyboard to unleash your rage.