Monday, August 18, 2008

...Really?

Earlier tonight I was in a rather nostalgic mood for some odd reason, and decided to see if I could YouTube some of the shit that I watched back in the good old days when I was 3 and half feet tall and about six times more intelligent.

So I started thinking (ouch) about what to watch. I watched a couple of videos of Stickin' Around, some old old OLD Simpsons, and watched Vegeta turn Super Saiyan once or twice. Then I moved onto movies, watching various Disney clips and such (including, out of curiosity, some very strange anti-nazi propaganda films that Disney made during World War II).

Then I remembered a strange film that I'd seen long ago:

"Hey... what was that movie where like, all those mice moved to America to get away from cats but there were cats in America anyway? Hmm... And what the fuck was so special about that movie anywa-"

I eventually figured out the movie I was thinking of was An American Tale, and the reason why it had been stuck in the back of my mind in a box labelled "old shit worth keeping". It was because of a climactic scene involving what was essentially a mouse-made battle tank that resembled a rat which had grown up in the part of the sewer directly under the house of Satan.

For the 99.9999999999999% of you who have no idea what I'm rambling about, I'm referring to the Giant Mouse of Minsk. I remember (incredibly vaguely), the first time I watched that scene I thought something along the lines of:

"HOLY JESUS-GODDING FUCK BALLS YES!!!! BRING FORTH THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS YOUR DEATH!!!"

So I watched the pitiful snippet of that scene that YouTube had to offer, then read the comments section to see if anyone else remembered having a similar reaction. I was surprised to see that they basically said things along the lines of:

"That thing scared me shitless when I was a kid =("

After a brief search of the internet for a better clip of what I thought was an awesome scene, I found lots of comments made by people who also said that the Mouse of Minsk gave them nightmares when they were kidlets. It was then I started to think the question I'm about to put forth to anybody who reads this and can remember watching An American Tale as a kid:

Am I the only one who found the Mouse of Minsk purely awesome and not in the least bit scary when they saw this movie?



- Squirrel245



"What HAPPENED to you guys? Have you all forgotten how to play?"

"Hey man, we're rockin' harder than EVER!"

"Dude... You're sitting on the OUTSIDE of the drum kit."

"Oh!.. yeah, yep. Sorry. That's why it felt weird."


- Pickles the Drummer and the Snakes N Barrels Drummer

2 comments:

  1. Is it the movie with the line...

    WEWEASE, THE SECWET WIBBON?

    And

    "There are noo cats in america, and the roads are mad of cheese"

    ?

    ReplyDelete

Click on the big box below and then attack your keyboard to unleash your rage.