Monday, June 30, 2008

28 Items Later - Day 6

You can't trust anyone these days...

I woke up this morning to find that everyone besides Mike had run off during the night. There was a small pile of resignation letters on the desk.

We had no choice. We had to get out there.

You see, in their hurry to leave, those traitorous assholes left the entrance to the store wide open. The shop was already full of custombies... Mike convinced me to let him come help man the defense posts/registers. He may only have on working arm, but 3 arms are better than 2, right?

I'll never forgive myself for letting him do that.

He managed to serve 8 custombies before they started to realize that he was weak. Defenseless. Before they could overrun him though, Mike did something reckless. He slammed a "closed" sign across his defense, concussing one of the custombies and preventing any more from coming through that way. He leapt over the bench, grabbed a long line of trolleys, and yelled for me to help.

I assured the custombie I was serving that I would return shortly (for fear of getting fired), then ran to him. Together, we pushed the trolley line back to the hallway that leads to the staff room. We managed to create a barricade by jamming the trolleys up against the staff room entrance, me pulling from one side, and Mike using his greater body weight to push from the other side.

But by the time it was in place, custombies had crowded around Mike. I was unable to help, as I was still stuck behind the trolleys. He yelled to me, "Stay here! I'll go get help!", then charged through the custombies like a steroid-taking footballer with rhinocerous ancestry. The custombies followed him away, leaving me behind the barricade.

That was this morning.

Now, its 11:46pm. He hasn't come back yet...

- Steven Gints

1 comment:

  1. Heya Squirrel...

    Just signed in (Finally Google let me sign in...) checked out ya blog..

    Really cool dude, custombies, eh? LMAO...

    ReplyDelete

Click on the big box below and then attack your keyboard to unleash your rage.